Edible Landscape Maintenance Manager
Edible Landscape Company seeks an articulate, detail-oriented, hard-working, and organized Maintenance Manager to oversee and grow our landscape maintenance. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for cleaning and maintaining existing clients, scheduling and booking new clients through existing interested parties. The Maintenance Manager is also available to support on construction team for installs as needed and time permitting. This position has a potential for real growth and partnership position for the right fit. Must be willing to market as well as fulfill maintenance commitments. Position reports to Owner and works with entire CEL team, as well as with clients (homeowners, schools, businesses, community groups)
Position starts: Position open until filled
Location: Seattle , WA, Cascadia- Multiple locations
Hours Budgeted: Workload withstanding, 25-40 hrs a week (Sept-October & Feb-June heavy), Nov-Jan, July & Aug lighter*) More hours are available for people willing to support on the landscape construction division.
Compensation: $18-25*/hour, DOE, breadth of responsibilities and project performance bonuses.Referral bonuses. Mileage reimbursement when using vehicle for business. Company stock after 1 year. Work Cell Phone OR Phone Reimbursement for using your own phone.
o Communicate with clients and CEL management regarding work plans, budgets & timelines
o Coordinate logistics of Maintenance with the support of CEL staff.
o Properly identify plants.
o Trim shrubs, bushes and small trees.
o Mow /trim lawns. We are not “mow, blow, go” but we do take care of lawns that are part of larger maintenance jobs)
o Keep hardscapes, drive ways, sidewalks clean for clients- this is a part many people do not understand, and you need to understand this before signing up with us.
o Harvest from mature plants and leave with client.
o Plant, transplant and remove plants
o Spread mulch and other organic matter
o Contacting vendors & ordering/picking up materials
o Maintain trucks and tools in good working order
o Maintain receipts & perform invoicing in conjunction with Book-keeper.
o Employee management:
▪ Help team focus on big picture while getting small details done.
▪ Delegate tasks to appropriate person
▪ Keep employee timesheets.
▪ Report issues to company owners
o Ensure job site safety.
o Attend CEL meetings every 1-2 weeks.
- At least 1 year landscape maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of most common plants and weeds
- Strong knowledge of soils, horticulture, natural pest management.
- Understand how to prune a wide variety of plants, and willingness to ask for help when new ones come up.
- Have a personal interest in local food systems and food justice.
- Impeccable communication (Writing and Speaking skills)
- Hands on experience and basic understanding of hardscaping, irrigation,
- Cell phone
- Personal vehicle a must
- Have a valid driver’s license and willingness to drive/travel within 50 miles of Seattle.
- Ability to Read a site plan/design and to problem-solve
- Ability to create maintenance estimates
- Must be able to repeatedly lift 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to work in all types of conditions
- Must have a sense of humor.
- Flexible about scheduling. Most work is M-F. Some weekends will be required.
- One year commitment preferred and provide 2 months leave notice.
Desired but not Required:
• Knowledge of edible plants, herbs, trees, and shrubs.
• 4 year College Degree OR Technical degree
• Your vehicle is a truck
• Experience working with art and landscape-related materials (metals, wood, stone)
• Own some of your own tools • Experience with small engines
• Willingness to travel (expenses paid) further than 50 miles.
Please send cover letter, resume, list of relevant skills, and 3 references to email@example.com
Please no phone calls.